Open the Latest Newspaper Edition- FREE- Click HERE TO READ


A Williamsport man pleaded guilty to 3rd degree homicide in connection with a fatal shooting that took place on May 11th, 2015.


21-year-old Cosme Berrones pleaded guilty to 3rd degree homicide, conspiracy to commit criminal homicide, tampering with evidence, and obstruction of justice on Tuesday, October 18th, in front of President Judge Nancy L. Butts. According to Lycoming County District Attorney Eric R. Lindhart, Bryant had agreed to a plea deal. Berrones will be sentenced on January 3rd before Judge Nancy L. Butts. You can view Berrones’s court report below:

Cosme Berrones 5-11-15


The charges against Berrones relate to the shooting death of Jamil M. Bryant last year. Bryant was shot in front of his home located at 406 Anthony Street in Williamsport. Another man, 22-year-old Terrance Xavier Perez of Williamsport, is also facing charges in connection with Bryant’s death. Perez faces the following charges: criminal homicide, aggravated assault, and conspiracy to commit criminal homicide. You can view Perez’s court report below:

Terrance X Perez 5-11-15

Berrones was the prime witness at the preliminary trial for Perez in June of last year. At that time, Berrones testified that Bryant was shot in the head by Perez. Berrones said the shooting took place after a dispute which lasted the whole day occurred via text messages. Williamsport Police Agent Raymond O. Kontz III had also testified. In his testimony, Kontz said Bryant had been shot a total of thirteen times. The trial for Perez starts on Monday, October 24th, with Judge Nancy Butts presiding.