The Frog Hut was damaged this morning, November 7th, when a fire started inside the restaurant. The fire is believed to have started somewhere between 6:30 and 7:30AM. The fire was reported by someone who happened to be walking near the Frog Hut. They saw smoke coming out of the building and called 911.
The Wellsboro Fire Department was there within minutes, but the damage had already been done. The exact extent of the damage was unknown, but it is believed to be significant. The fire is believed to have started in the kitchen, where most of the damage was reported. Fortunately, the Frog Hut is covered by Fire Insurance.
The Frog Hut had closed for the season a week ago. It is not reported what started the fire. We at the Tioga Freedomist extend our prayers to the Joachim family, the owners of the Frog Hut.
As we get more information, we will report it to you.